5.20.2009

Nine...ta-da!


What's Nine? No it's not the new Tim Burton animated little film, it's a "coming soon" movie from Chicago's Rob Marshall with a rocking cast and based on a rocking musical with rocking music. Yes, though Marshall left down his fans with Memoirs of a Geisha, he definitely showed he knows how to add flavor to a musical and hopefully can repeat his formula. 
The movie is based on the 80s play based on Federico Fellini's 8 1/2, which in some way portrays this director's "life". In the movie, Guido Contini has his midlife crisis and we get to see the relationships with the women that fill his life: his wife, his mistresss (ohhh), his muse, a prostitue, her mother, etc. I'll be honest, this is from what I've read so far, but I'm trying to keep everything in the dark so when I finally see the movie, hopefully I aren't prepared to whay comes my way.
The cast? Well none other thatn the razzling dazzling Daniel Day-Lewis as Guido, Penelope Cruz, Marion Cotillard, Nicole Kidman, Judi Dench, Fergie, Kate Hudson (don't worry, Mr. Marshall did get a great performance from Queen Latifah didn't he?) and the return to screen of Sophia Loren. I'll definitely be checking it out the moment it releases.

2 comments:

  1. ¿Con qué personajes de cine te identificas? La pregunta me la he hecho en distintas etapas de mi vida. A veces me siento Clarissa Vaughan, de The Hours. A veces soy Joel Barish, de Eternal Sunshine..., y en ciertas ocasiones soy Tom Ripley, de la película en cuestión.

    Hoy, al escribir mi primer (de muchos) comment en tu blog, me siento Hanna Schmitz. ¿Por qué? Porque siento exactamente lo mismo que ella: no quería exponerme y sentirme un analfabeto funcional escribiendo puras burradas en inglés.

    Pero como no quiero que me pase lo mismo que a Hanna, te responderé en español. Jo jo jo.

    ¿Que qué espero de _Nine_? Lo mismo que tu: magia. Que una actriz intente devorarse a la otra. Que sea un duelo de actuaciones. Que sea una reinvención de la obra de Fellini. Que sea una cosa chingonométrica. Eso espero. Y no: no sé postear videos, pero te investigo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jajaja noc, varia mucho del día.
    Con los que más me identifico son Lester Burnham de American Beauty, Joel Barish por supuesto (y me gustaría ser como Clementine a veces tambien-obio sin la parte de ser mujer jaja). Erin Brockovich (a lo mejor por eso me gusta tanto la peli), The Tramp (Chaplin) Marge Gunderson de Fargo, C.C. Baxter (The Apartment-t la tengo q prestar!) e inclusive WALL*E.

    A los que admiro y me gustaria ser como ellos son Clemetine (duh), Atticus Finch (To Kill a Mockinbird), Jack Dawson (Titanic), Gandalf y Norma Desmond (Sunset Blvd. jajajajajaja). Buena idea, cuando tenga más fans, voy a ahacer un post d esto.

    ReplyDelete