3.01.2009

Damn it, too much work.

All the school work (and stress) that surged during this last month prevented me from actually enjoying Oscar season the way I wanted to. Oh well, hopefully a better organization next year can make everything turn out better. Sadly I wasn't able to post my final Oscar predictions in time like I wanted (damn internet), even one week later. 
Well, I'll post thoughts about the winners (why Penn????) later, but I must say that even though it was one of the most entertaining ceremonies in recent years (good job Mr. Condon!) it also turned out to be pretty boring, if you get why I mean. I broke my personal record scoring 21/24 at my predicted wins, a lot more than my previous record (17/24), why? Well, the Slumdog sweep where it could, Button recognition at the techs, WALL*E and the acting categories turned out to be pretty average. The biggest "upset" of the night was in the Foreign Language Film, surprising? Not really.....
Anyways, here's to an exciting 2009 race and a great year for cinema! The last closing year for a decade turned out to be a pretty amazing one for filmmaking (1999 anyone?). So, hopefully, this feat repeats itself, while we also have an interesting race (which we actually had one this year, but in ruined in the end). 
COMING SOON: A load of reviews for 2008 films and the first 09 films, My Most Anticipated from 2009, First Predictions (yes, this early, more fun, and we can laugh at some ridiculous thoughts later can't we?) and of course The Star Awards. For the latter, give me break, a lot of films are still coming out and in a country not-being-US it takes even longer for quality films to get here. Hopefully, by the end of March I'll have seen what I really wanted to to make great lineups. Especially, seeing soon foreign gems The Class, Waltz With Bashir and Charlie Kaufman's directing debut, Synecdoche, New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment